Tigers and poems

11:31:00 AM

I love Claude Monet



You know when you are thinking or feeling something but you just can’t put it into words? And then you see a quote and it’s exactly what you needed? I decided to make another favorite type of post but this time it’s something slightly different - these are some of my favorite quotes. Enjoy and tell me your favorite quotes in comments (doesn't have to be from my list) :)

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like a fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars” - Jack Kerouac

“She is free in her wildness, she is a wanderess, a drop of free water. She knows nothing of borders and cares nothing for rules and customs. Time for her isn’t something to fight against. Her life flows clean, with passion, like fresh water” - Roman Payne

“More damage is caused to life by preventing sin, than sin itself” - Meša Selimović

“Tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep” - Zag

“I don’t give a shit what the world thinks. I was born a bitch. I was born a painter. I was born fucked. But i was happy in my way. You did not understand what i am. I am love. I am pleasure. I am essence. I am an idiot. I am an alcoholic, I am tenacious. I am, simply i am.. you are shit” - Frida Kahlo

“Good person sees the good in everyone, and bad person sees the evil in everything” - Meša Selimović

“Everyday I discover more and more beautiful things. It’s enough to drive one mad. I have such a desire to do everything, my head is bursting with it.” - Claude Monet

“There were so many thing we were afraid of. But we shouldn’t have been afraid. We should have lived.” - Ivo Andrić

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence. therefore, is not an act but a habit” - Aristotle

“When i was young, i used to have this thing where i wanted to see everything. I used to think ‘How can i die without seeing every inch of this world’ “ - Leonardo DiCaprio

“If poem hasn’t ripped apart your soul, you haven’t experience poetry” - Edgar Allan Poe

“The best way to know life is to love many things” - Van Gogh

“Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.” - Alejandro Jodorowsky

“I can never read all the books i want; i can never be all the people i want and live all the lives i want. I can never train myself in all the skills i want. And why do i want? i want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And i am horribly limited” - Sylvia Plath

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great”
- Mark Twain

“From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and i am in them, and that is eternity” - Edvard Munch

.الجيات أحسن من الرايحات
What is coming is better than what is gone.  - Arabic Proverb

You Might Also Like

56 comments

  1. I particularly like this one “Tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep” because I realized that some people have been using social media (especially facebook) to bash people or give rude opinions over things they do not fully understand. I know that there are times we get hurt by what people say about us but I believe the best way to deal with it is to not give too much importance on what those people have to say about you. You know yourself too well to be affected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these quotes, this was a really nice and inspiring post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! I saved the page to go back to it later!
    What is coming is better than what is gone. - Arabic Proverb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunja,

    I like your list, especially this one:

    “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great” - Mark Twain

    That is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. I'm a huge fan of quotes. I especially love the first one you posted. Nice read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quotes! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence. therefore, is not an act but a habit” - Aristotle
    Living a life of intention is an excellent life, I think! Great post; lots of insights from the quotes as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that one can go with "Aim for perfection, reach the excellence" :)

      Delete
  8. “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.” - Alejandro Jodorowsky
    This quote is very realistic and actual! Great post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything in this. Badass quotes. Some of them are already my favorites too! It speaks self expressions and not letting others get to you by their opinions. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark Twain's words are so deep and true! I love them and thank you for reminding me of this principle and wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is coming is better than what is gone... Why ? Because I love "don't cry because it's over; smile because it happenend"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that quote is connected with thought that the best day of our life hasn't happened yet, which is very comforting. I like that quote too, and i think they don't cancel each other out :)

      Delete
  12. While so many of them are so powerful and sheer art of brilliance. I loved the 'Birds born in..' In the most

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love some of the sayings- we are all humans. Great reminder!
    http://viabella-thebeautifullife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post made my day! I love how quotes get right to the heart of how you are feeling. Sometimes they are even better at expressing your feelings. Thanks for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that! I agree, it's incredible how sometimes person we don't even know and we'll probably never see in person can put our feelings in words better than us :)

      Delete
  15. Some real thought provoking quotes there. A really interesting post xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the quote "Tiger doesn't lose the sleep over the opinion of a sheep. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do quotes a lot, and I love this which u just did... Tnx for sharing these wonderful ones...

    www.lexhansplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the quotes, darling! Inspiring post, xo.
    Followed you bloglovin, mind following me back? (link on my blog)
    http://karolinakz.blogspot.lt/

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful collection of quotes! Inspiring to say the least. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. “More damage is caused to life by preventing sin, than sin itself” - Meša Selimović
    “The best way to know life is to love many things” - Van Gogh
    What is coming is better than what is gone. - Arabic Proverb

    Love these, so much! Great quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really powerful quotes about life :) My favourite one is '“More damage is caused to life by preventing sin, than sin itself” - Meša Selimović'. Whe you are too focused on not doing the wrong things, that's when your life is not getting better. We must not be afraid :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an inspiring post! I actually have this one on my bedroom: "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.” - Alejandro Jodorowsky" :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. “When i was young, i used to have this thing where i wanted to see everything. I used to think ‘How can i die without seeing every inch of this world’ “ - Leonardo DiCaprio ---> me as f*ck hahah, and I loved the last one, "What is coming is better than what is gone." Great post, enjoy your weekend! xxx (adventurousmiles.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I relate to it so much too, i guess everyone with a passion for travelling can :) Thank you, have a great weekend too! x

      Delete
  24. My favourite is Frida's she is so true to her core essence and that is a refreshing cry from the celebrities who take on another identity in today's society. I like that she owns her imperfections and essentially does not give a flying shit. Now that is my kinda gal! On another note thank you for your lovely comment on my post it means a lot!
    http://www.fadedspring.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, fakeness is everywhere around us so we appreciate rawness and realness even more. You're welcome :)

      Delete
  25. Very nice compliation :) Your post is such a breath of fresh air amid all the negativity in the Internet. Congratulations, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved all the quotes in this post, it is so true tiger definitely never loses its sleep over a sheep's opinion and I think most of us could take a leaf or two out of these poems

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing such a wonderfully uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the one from Frida. You have gathered a great collection of quotes that I will be musing on for days.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The last 3 are the best. Especially the one about munch quote. I don't read nearly enough. I've never heard most of these.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This one resonated with me most....“There were so many thing we were afraid of. But we shouldn’t have been afraid. We should have lived.” - Ivo Andrić....My son will tell you I live in a bubble. There are plenty of things in afraid of and won't do because I sometimes feel safest in my own home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but the best things come when you step out of your comfort zone. I have been afraid to do so many things, but i forced myself to do them anyway and now i'm glad because they made me so happy!
      And if you liked that quote, i'd recommend you to read Ivo Andrić's books, he's a Nobel prize winner and one of the best writers (in my opinion). :)

      Delete
  31. My favorite was this one “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.” - Alejandro Jodorowsky. It made me stop and think for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  32. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence. therefore, is not an act but a habit” - Aristotle
    This was my favourite. I am actually going to save this somewhere for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice collection of quotes.
    I really like this one, “From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and i am in them, and that is eternity” - Edvard Munch

    It reminds me of some of the poetry I studied in school and that I used to really love. It's very profound and you can read a lot between the lines and try to imagine all the meanings and what the author was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also love poetry and in high school we actually read some really wonderful ones :)

      Delete
  34. I like all of them, but my favourite is definitely “Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.” - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fenomenalna si. Samo tako nastavi! Ovo mi je omiljeni post do sada:)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram