19 | Recap

12:03:00 PM

I hate looking back but i love doing recaps. And since my 19th birthday is tomorrow, i think this is a right time to look back at the last 365 days (even though studying and preparing for exams schedule is pretty hectic). Here are some of my favorite photos i took (in no order).
P.S. If you're interested in seeing more of my photos, make sure to follow me on instagram :)
P.P.S. Make sure to subscribe via email so you never miss any of my posts - check out sidebar OR the bottom of the page if you're on mobile device.
(hashtag shamelessly promoting myself)

Sunset in Herceg Novi

July / Herceg Novi, Montenegro. We used to come back from the beach and, before we start getting ready for a night out, turn on the music and stop to admire sunset (at least i did). Happy and carefree times. My favorite song from that period was High hopes by Pink Floyd. The grass was greener, the light was brighter, the taste was sweeter.. The nights of wonder, with friends surrounded.. The dawn mist glowing, the water flowing, the endless river...

Forever and ever. Fog


November / Belgrade, Serbia. And now let's come back to the real life. Early mornings, my arms hurting from ton of books and other stuff i need for university, weather that makes you miss your bed and coffee that you're trying really hard not to spill. Welcome to student's life :)
In Stockholm

September / Stockholm, Sweden. Me looking at my new home (just kidding - or am i). First i was kinda disappointed when we decided to go to Stockholm instead of Amsterdam, as we originally planned. But when we came here i completely fall in love with this city.
Budapest, Hungary

August / Budapest, Hungary. (*Budapest by George Ezra softly playing in the background* ..can i make it more cliche? Well yes). Second trip last year. Short but i had such a good time even though a lot of people who are supposed to work with tourist hadn't mastered the mystery skill of knowing basic English.
Stockholm view />
 September / Stockholm, Sweden. Fun fact: I'm afraid of heights. But i love stunning views like this so i force myself to get over it. And could stare at this for hours. Seriously. 
End of high school

May / Belgrade, Serbia. So i graduated high school this year and this was our last day. (If you're not from Serbia: here, on the last day of high school, party is held, each generation chooses 'their' song (and plays/sings it uncountable times), paints its own graffiti in the school yard and then everyone jumps in the (nearest) fountain).
Mum's painting

 June. Me and my mum's painting. I love this picture. I don't know what else should i say.
Saint Sava's church from the bus
February / Belgrade. One picture from the bus. My city is not considered a pretty capital, but you shouldn't compare it to the Paris or London or other cities. Because Belgrade is a soul, rawness and history and not its appearance (it was ruined too many times).
Belgrade is not in Belgrade, as Belgrade, actually, is not a city, it is a metaphor, a way of life, an angle of looking at things“ - Momo Kapor
Train station in Novi Sad

July / Novi sad, Serbia. 04.40am at 04:40am. After Exit festival, catching a train, our legs are hurting from dancing all night, cheeks are hurting from laughing and we need to find the right train and somewhere we can eat (shops at the stations weren't open).

Kings Of Leon in Budapest
 August / Budapest, Hungary. This year was a festival year for me. I attended Exit, Sziget and Beer fest Belgrade and was volunteering on two movie festivals. Loved the experience. There's just something in the festival's atmosphere. On the picture are Kings Of Leon performing Closer a.k.a. my all-time-favorite song by them.
My Belgrade


It was summer so i have no idea what day it was / Belgrade, Serbia.
"It's all about coming back. From one point on Earth long, depart and arrive again. Without that point you're connected with, you wouldn't love it and you wouldn't love the rest of the world, because you wouldn't have anywhere to depart from, because you wouldn't be anywhere. And you're nowhere if that point is all you have" - Meša Selimović


You Might Also Like

57 comments

  1. Love this!! Seems you're living life to the fullest!! Good for you! Enjoy because life is too short!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I wish you a happy birthday with all the happiness in the world! :)

    It looks like you have had a stunning year filled with plenty of travel and adventures! What will the next year bring I wonder? :)

    I'm Hungarian and published some work in one of their local newspapers; seeing your images made me feel nostalgic! Keep up the amazing work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! x
      That's great, where can i see your work? :)

      Delete
  4. Seems like you visited some of the best cities in Europe. And I love the pictures with great views!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice article and great captures. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, the images are fantastic. So many wonderful memories. You know what's the best part? Remembering the good times and making the coming year even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recaps are necessary sometimes to figure out what happened to us in a different point of view. Great pictures! And I love the way you write, so deeply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Such a nice compliment x

      Delete
  8. Great pictures, Dunja! Looks like you had a great time. Happy Birthday to you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love the pictures!!!! I am in love with Sweden already. The architectures and the place itself makes me feel butterflies in my stomach. Hahaha. Thanks for sharing. I love doing recaps too but I'm just lazy af to post. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! x
      You should definitely visit it, i know you'll love it as much as i do :)

      Delete
  10. Looks like you have had a wonderful year! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Firstly happy birthday, secondly, thank you for sharing so much of your life with us! I have never been to Serbia and it sounds really interesting. Indeed, Belgrade sounds a bit like Warsaw, where half my family is from, in that it is so much more about the history than the beauty. I have only been to one music festival, but Kings of Leon also played Closer! I love that song too.

    Thank you for sharing so much of life in Serbia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely make a trip to Serbia, there is so much more to explore and visit :)

      Delete
  12. From the pictures and from what you say (and what I heard), Belgrade seems beautiful :). I have never visited Serbia, even though our countries are basically neighbours (I'm originally from Romania). I love your pictures and the way you write! Really love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should definitely visit Serbia :)
      That's great, i really want to go to Romania at least for a weekend, i guess it's just a matter of time since it's so close :)

      Delete
  13. Super slike, al opisi su mi jos bolji :) sretan rodendan unaprijed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Dunja,

    seems like you had a great year full of (traveling) adventures. Which camera do you use? Are you editing the photos with photoshop or which program? They look really nice! :)

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi! I used mainly iPhone 4 which i had at that time, and edited pics with VSCO cam app :)

      Delete
  15. Lovely pictures. It's always great to go back and see travel pictures! And your mum's art is beautiful!

    www.fashionandfrappes.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! U personally love the forever and ever photo. I feel the emotion m. And oh wow! I saw another photo of budapest! One of my dream destinations ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best wishes for your birthday!!!
    Only Continue ... proud Merry

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got beautiful pictures!😃Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! Stunning Photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your photos are STUNNING! I caught myself staring at them for so long! I also wish our high school threw a party like that! LUCKY! I agree with you on festivals...the atmosphere is so incredible at any show I've ever gone to! I can't wait for warmer weather so I can go to more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Surely you have enjoyed your trip. Thanks for sharing your memorable moments with us.

    ReplyDelete
  22. great post as usual dunja...

    www.lexhansplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dunja! I nominated you for Liebester Award! Head over to my blog and look what I'm talking about. (adventurousmiles.com/uncategorized/liebster-award-nomination/ ) Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful pictures! Seems like you had a really great time! :)

    http://hellolovelyghost.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful photos! I wish I could visit these places too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like a great year for you. Just 19 ? I wish I had started a blog when I was 19 :)) Good luck for a brand new year.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I never get tired of coming to your blog just because of those pretty photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a great and exciting recap! Gorgeous photos

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram